Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Wedding of F and DY..


The Wedding Bell has rung for F and DY.
Wow! Lovely!


F is such a fine colleague and I can say we are pretty close, right from the beginning. He is forever that humble and so willing to learn. Many times, we
open-heartedly talked about the "problems" we encounter with our *little pals and see how we can best "solve" them. He is always thinking of how he could best help his *little pals. I think it is his genuine spirit in sharing, his openness, his demonstration of trust and respect in people, that inevitably draws many people rather close to him.

Somehow, I feel so much different about this wedding of his. Maybe because I'm more involved in this wedding than any other I had attended so far.

Many of us (his colleagues) gathered a day before to assist in the preparation of about 450 sets of welcoming gifts to be given to all his guests during his church-wedding. The idea came from some fellow female colleagues and mind-you, they started off a few days earlier and the gifts were largely hand-made. It involved ordering of 900 packets of honey sachets, purchasing 9 big rolls of ribbon, a few yards of satin to sew the packaging. We worked through to put all these items together in the way we want them to be. Nice.

Oh yes, many of us also went down to his church the night before to arrange the furniture, just to set it
right. And it only became right near 11pm. Oh, by then, one of them realised he needed to get his car "conditioned". *Ahem, he went to get it cleaned and vacuumed. Just imagined how late he turned in.

On the actual day (yesterday).
Ha.. I also found myself useful. I was a few hours early and I thought I will be idling. Nope. Haha.. I was asked to do some final touch-up to the venue before the church wedding. Certainly gladly and proudly offered my service.

Oh, after the church wedding, we had to proceed straight to his wedding banquet at The Oriental, Singapore. I need to be there early also. I was the appointed MC (Master of Ceremony) of the night. He didn't know (or didn't believe) I have kind of stage fright. But how can I say "no" to him?
Haha.. I accepted his request when he approached me many weeks ago. I said "yes". For a friend, I am willing to face my "fear" and think of how to battle it myself. :)

@ The Oriental, Singapore.
(1) Firstly, I'm rather impressed with this venue. It's classy, really. The ballroom is really nice.
- The ceiling is high enough. No "cramped up" feeling.
- The lightings have a warm feeling, yet it is bright enough. Photography wouldn't be a problem at all, I think.
- It is more or less shaped like a fan (not the
boring rectangular). There isn't any pillar to block the views of almost anywhere. Almost everyone is within line-of-sight with each other. Cool.
- The table cloth used has nice texture on it, breaking the monotony.
- The white porcelain plates used by the individuals are squarish with a slight artistic twist.
(2) The service is good. But not without reasons. *Ahem, there was a briefing conducted to all their waiters and waitresses at around 6pm. I tell you, the briefing was done in olden military style. It was loud and delivered much like an angry order. I heard, "If I catch any one of you eating at the back, I make sure I charge you the amount I charge the clients." Yet another, "Besides...., the rest come right to the front NOW!" and many more in fact. I am not saying I like that kind of style. I learnt from another colleague of mine who was there last year. He witnessed the same thing.
(3) There was also a briefing by the hotel manager to the groom, our overall coordinator, and me. I think the briefing was very useful. Wa.. After witnessing the kind of briefing the waiters and waitresses had had, I was thinking what kind of tone, will the hotel manager use to brief us. On the contrary, he was overly friendly and accommodating. He was very experienced and really of great help throughout the entire night, giving me the more vital cues along the way.
(4) Oh, my MC-ing part in Chinese. I was nervous, as always before any stage-appearance (be it singing, performing, giving a speech, etc.). The frequency of the wash-room rush increased. My hands became rather clammy (cold sweat?). The stage just doesn't belong to me, I think. Yet no one will believe me that I can be that nervous. Ha.. Maybe as always, strangely, I will become very much stablised after speaking two lines or so.
Erm.. I was told by the overall coordinator, many sisters (姐妹团) he was working with, had shown a little interest in me, after my first delivery.
They were asking about my name, my nationality, whether is it that I am really that poetic,
blah, blah, blah
.. .. the overall coordinator must be kidding.
Aiyo.. he was teasing me like hell... haha.. only making me more nervous for my second appearance. Haha.. Rather funny, there were indeed much more friendly stares and smiles when I was walking to and fro the wash-room after my delivery. A bit paiseh also lah
.
I am only glad that I can do my little part upon the request of a colleague, a friend. Yes, for a friend, I am willing to battle my own "fear", my own "weakness". Okay, I must also know my limits.
(5)
Towards, the end of the dinner. Many of us (his fellow colleagues) were the last few to leave. I like the warm hand-shakes from the bride and groom at the end of it all.
(6) I said something before we took our leave from the bride and groom. And that set all of them laughing so hard. What a neat way to end the dinner. :) Oh what did I say? I was looking sincerely into his eyes and I said very slowly and seriously, F 长大咯!从今天开始就要懂得好好做人咯。
” The pun is intended. :P
~ ~ ~
Wishing Them Happiness and Good Health Lifetme Ahead

No comments: