Friday, December 30, 2005

Super Inflamed

My throat is inflamed.
My nose is inflamed (oh well, that explains why the sensitivity for so long).
And.. erm..
I'm "in flame" (oh, that means running a temperature).

When all come together. Wow.. How to forget the experience?


Fire. Hot. Nose. Throat. Body. Flame.
These words are "synonyms" to me at the moment.

This is the first time, I "complain" to a doctor about my sensitive nose. If not because of the inflamed throat and "in-flame-body", I wouldn't even think of visiting a doctor. So, I was in for a different treat. I was given a nasal spray for the nose problem. I didn't know such thing actually exits before at all. It's funny even trying to apply that medicine and I would chose to only do it privately.

The nasal spray is effective but I think I am experiencing some side effects. Some minutes after the spray, I would experience a foreign feeling, not on my nose, but on my eyes. I do not know exactly how to describe. Erm.. There seems to be some kind of pressure build up on the eyes and the eyes will gradually become rather watery. A bit scary. Oh well, I shall continue to monitor.

Anyway, I would like to talk a little bit about Silver Cross Clinic.

In general, I like to visit Silver Cross. Erm.. Only when I am not feeling well, of course. And not because of the ladies at the registration counter or dispensing the medicine hor. I find their medicines are rather effective (at least for me). Besides, all the doctors (so far) seem rather young, approachable and friendly at the same time. Most importantly, the clinic is open round the clock.

Okay, for a more balanced "argument", I must also highlight some of its negative points. The consultation fees (that is, the amount you pay for just looking at the doctor or rather letting the doctor access you, even when no medicine is prescribed as a result) is one of the highest around. Next, much due to its strategic location, the queue is hardly short most of the time. If you are really sick... erm... haiz... the wait can be maddening. But again, if you are "polyclinic-trained", I supposed you are okay with the wait. Furthermore, we cannot made prior appointment to see the doctor.

When we are sick, we really want to get well soonest so that we can get on with our life normally as soon as possible. I have to weigh against the pros and cons. I took a closer look at the consultation fees for different timing. (You may like to note that the timing refers to the time of registration and not the time of consultation.)

CONSULTATION FEES :

Monday to Friday :
7am to 10pm : $16
10pm to 11pm : $21
11pm to 12mn : $32
12mn to 7am : $55 !!

Saturday :
7am to 12pm : $16
12pm to 9pm : $18
9pm ... : just some colossal numbers. This is the time-frame I will try to avoid as much as possible.

Sunday :
7am to 12pm : $18
12pm to 9pm : $22
9pm ... : just some colossal numbers. This is the time-frame I will try to avoid as much as possible.

I have a little conclusion :
(1) Before any visit, give a ring to the clinic to check on the queue. They don't accept appointment booking, but they will be truthful about the queue factor. Then, we can decide whether to go there or to visit other clinics.
(2) Go in the morning just passed 7am. That is when the consultation fees is the lowest and the queue is usually short. Hey, we understand that many sick people just choose to sleep later, and only visit a doctor at a later time.
(3) Just go to some more ulu clinics in your neighbourhood which you are comfortable enough with la. They are usually much cheaper and the queues are much more bearable. I don't know why, maybe doctors have different sources for their medicine. Some of the medicines prescribed at some private clinics just don't work well for me.

- - - - - - - - - -



有人说:
生命就像一把盐,
你该承受多少痛苦,这些盐是不多也不少。
人总是抱怨,痛苦太多、快乐太少。
可是抱怨的同时,却忽略了是自己选择。
将这些盐放入装着水的杯子,所以难以承受痛苦。
反过来想,若我不选择杯子而选择做一个湖泊,这些盐在湖泊中稀释,还会那么令人难以接受吗?


No comments: