Thursday, December 08, 2005

I Seldom Bargain..

I seldom bargain, but when I do, the success rate is pretty high. Haha..
Just two slightly more recent tales that I could recall now :

Tale One..
I was browsing at some CDs. Mm.. Some caught my fancy. I asked for a better price and I got about a 10% off effortlessly. Just before I was about to foot the bill, another guy came by, picked his choices and asked for a better price. The stall owner insisted that his prices were already the best and he couldn't give further discount. He ridiculously suggested that, if the price was too high, maybe that guy just buy one CD and not two CDs. Aiyo.. I know this is tactless on his part, but it was done in a rather candid tone and no one find it being offending, I hope. I feel a little strange of course. I mean I got the discount from the same range of product (effortlessly), but not the other guy just beside me.
When I was paying him the money, the stall owner asked me a question, "
Have anyone ever mention to you that you look like someone?"
I smiled and replied, "Huh? Who?"
He said, "Sxx's1
的师傅 :Lxx 哇!脸型和气质都很像2。"
I said even more politely, "
没有啦,我一点音乐细胞都没有。哈哈。。 谢谢。。"
I didn't know just by looking like someone has such "benefits" (albeit this time is a cheapo one).

Tale Two..
It is stipulated very clearly on the pamphlet that the company only cater a buffet spread for a minimum of 20 people. In fact many other company set the minimum to be 30.
I went down personally to the company and managed to clinch a deal of a buffet spread for only 15 people. Hehe..

My only relief will be my fellow colleagues like the buffet spread and there wasn't any wastage of food.

I am sure that there are other instances, but I don't intend to recall till so far back.
I usually don't bargain. I will just look at the price tag, and if the price is already reasonable. Bingo! If not, I may look at it longer, closer, then leave it alone and walk away. 

- - - - -
1 Sxx is a super super star okay! :P
2 I certainly have a common face (
大众脸). Many times, I was told I look like who and who or so and so. Haha.. the names are not even consistent.

No comments: