Monday, June 05, 2006

I was Touched for some Different Reasons...

It was OJ farewell gathering. W volunteered to do the planning. The date was selected and the venue he picked. And so today, we were all led into this amazing place : G. Village. W came to know about this place as it was recommended by HER WORLD magazine, which he is a subscriber, so he claimed. Haha..

Ulu maybe an appropriate term to describe the place, no joke. The road leading in was pretty dark (most of the street lamps were not even working), but once we reached the place, there were many eateries glittering with welcoming lights. Cool! Just along the narrow road, we have by its side many different restaurants each having an unique “theme”, drawing different crowds. There were so many diners too.

W had selected and reserved a particular one already. Glad that the "main star" of the night likes the venue. She was touched I guess, with the roses and card presented to her. We had a pleasant night eating away, chatting away.

I was touched too, for some different reasons.

- OJ knew that I am joining. She thought that there might not be any vegetarian dishes in that restaurant. And so, along her way there, she bought some snacks from a vegetarian restaurant and brought them along, just in case I starved when they get their tummy filled.

- I only learn when I reached that W and F had already checked out the place (in person) a few days in advance. They chatted with the person in-charge to ensure that the chef in this particular restaurant can prepare a wide variety of vegetarian dishes.

All those were done without me requesting, without me knowing. I was only thinking : since I was invited to join, I will just go. Once there, I will just talk to the waiter or chef or whoever in-charge to see if things could be fixed (i.e. prepare some vegetarian food). If not, I would just go for the desserts and drinks. It is their company I enjoy and food is not really of top-priority to me.

OJ, All the best to your future endeavours.

They are friends indeed.
This harsh world may become much more bearable, when people care for each other and appreciate each other, in however little ways.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

大自然不因为花不如树实用、草不如树高大而冷落了花与草。

大自然承认花、草、树之间的差异。它知道花又花的艳丽,草有草的幽香,树有树的伟岸,它不要求草长得如树般高大,也不要求树如花般美丽,于是树便是树,花便是花,草便是草。


No comments: