Sunday, June 04, 2006

When in Emergencies, Dial...

Woke up at 0500h (after 4 hour of sleep), just to make sure I can be in time to fetch two *little pals for CIP, as the reporting time was so unearthly and the reporting place was so far. Ha.. That’s how much I like driving - sacrificing a little sleep is fine. :)

But ageing is really taking a little toll on me, I guess. Just after noon, I no longer can hold the defence of the attack by the mighty z-monster. I had to take a nap, and I did, but not for long. My phone rang shortly after. A polite request was delivered. I jumped up, get changed and sped off to fetch a *little pal to meet his injured friend who had sent him a SOS. I doubt they knew I had just jumped up from a nap. Haha.. I think I have more or less mastered the skill of not sounding too sleepy even if I am. By the way,
we just felt glad to learn that the injured pal of his was/is managing quite well.

Wa.. I felt like doing CIP myself. :)

Anyway, I don’t mind the trips to assist them in my little ways. I enjoyed the trips actually, since time allowed (at the moment). Besides, I find it interesting that I was the one they approached during such “emergencies”. Oh well, I must keep upgrading myself to keep up a “professional” image lor.


- - - - - - - - - - -



小故事、大启示。

小丑肩挑着花色布包,徒步走向下个城市途中,有辆马车从身旁飞速超过他。马车夫看起来十分着急,大声问他:「到下个城市大概还有多远?」

「如果你们开慢一点,大概只需要半小时,如果你们开得很快,大概就需要半天!」

「你这个笨蛋!」马车夫边骂边不断鞭打马匹,从他旁边急驰而过。

小丑继续慢慢向前走。这条路上沿路布满坑洞、高低不平。

一个钟头之后,他再次遇上这辆马车,因为路况差,马车前轮已经断了,马车夫正忙著抢修。

小丑从马车身边走过:「我告诉过你的,如果你慢慢开,只要半个小时就到了……」



即使你经常迫不及待地去拉扯橄榄的果实,它们也不会比较早熟。   
--托斯卡尼谚语

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha... i tot Z-monster refers to Zai-monster... at first.. REALLY THANKS FOR THE KIND ASSISTANCE TODAY!!!... muacks heehe... my fren too would like to say thanks alot too hahhaa... so so sorry to disturb your sleep. Earnestly, thanks. = ) Your good deed will go a long way in life. haha

Anonymous said...

你好棒哦..:)

Anonymous said...

-Za|- :
何足挂齿。
I felt like going for a spin in the car too. All the best to F.

小雨 :
Small thing lah, “不足为外人道”。
哈哈。。
Enjoy your hols too. :)