Wednesday, March 01, 2006

金榜有名 ..

金榜有名,还是名落孙山,就看今朝!

The GCE A Level result is released today. Students graduating from JCs/CI last year will be rather anxious about their results today. Some will be anxious not just for themselves, but also for friends who have gone through the tough times preparing the papers together last year.

I was also rather anxious in 2004 and 2005, but not (as much) this year. I foresee myself to be very anxious again next year. The reason could be as "simple" as I happened to take graduating classes in 2003 and 2004, respectively. Besides, I had gone through the preparation / revision with them and I really had a wish that all will eventually perform very well. Will my wish becomes a reality? That was the anxious part. We understand "what ifs".. Yeah so, many things can just be so unpredictable. I was glad that many did rather impressively. Ha.. How to forget the batch graduating in 2003 clinched the top award for value-addedness and the batch graduating in 2004 ranked 6th for value-addedness?

This year, *JC result is good. If I were to be more precise, the result is even better. Out of 14 A Level subjects offered, 11 of them have actually shown improvement (as compared to last year), when we look at the MSG. In a way, we are "escalating" to greater heights ever since the batch graduating in 2003 took the first step ahead. As such, the principal has declared a day off for all staff and students. Wow!

While we are celebrating, I mustn’t forget those who didn’t do well. I hope they have enough support to see them through this difficult time and they will be guided in their next course of action.


手牵手同心把舟撑
心连心同把凯歌吟


- - - - - - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

两点之间最短的距离并不一定是直线 。

在人与人的关系以及做事情的过程中,我们很难直截了当就把事情做好。
我们有时需要等待,有时需要合作,有时需要技巧。

我们做事情会碰到很多困难和障碍,有时候我们并不一定要硬挺、硬冲,
我们可以选择有困难绕过去,有障碍绕过去,也许这样做事情更加顺利。

大家想一想,我们和別人说话还得想想哪句话更好听呢。
尤其现在这个比较复杂的社会中,大家要学会想办法谅解別人,
要让人觉得你这个人很成熟,很不错,你才能把事情做成。

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

突然觉得高中生活似乎已经离我很遥远。但,仿佛好像只是昨天。哎!好象老了啊。。。

两点之间最短的距离并不一定是直线 。。。
可是,有时两点最遥远的距离或许就是眼前。。

哈哈。。

Anonymous said...

Oh hi..
In the probabilistic sense, nearly nothing is "impossible". :P
However I should opt for the one with "perceived" higher probability.
Eee.. so math. lol.

Anonymous said...

wow.. probability.. hmm..something too chim that every time i have exam on that i sure fail.. LOL..

hmm... maths.. haha..

Anonymous said...

Education is about the learning process, grades are secondary. :P haha.... my ex principal told us during my olvl years.

Anonymous said...

Education is about the learning process, grades are secondary. :P haha.... my ex principal told us during my olvl years.

Anonymous said...

Wow -Za|- , double entries? I shall take that as a reiteration. :P
I also agree with your ex-principal.
May I add (just) a little :
Education is about the learning process and the learning process is life-long.
- - -
Still, to someone who had just missed a grade or two (for uni-entry or whatever...), the experience can still be rather traumatic (at that moment). Mm..
I only hope someone could walk through with him, during that kind of period and lead him to see there are still options and life goes on. :)