Sunday, March 19, 2006

Quite a Different Wedding Dinner..

We have all attending wedding dinner at hotel, I think. No worries, I am not going to bore you with that. I am going to relate a slightly different experience. It was a personal experience. Okay, to the specific, I'd just attended it yesterday.

It was conducted at a function hall in a neighbourhood CC (Community Club). The dinner was not a buffet spread. A tent was erected on an open field outside the function hall. That tent became the (field) kitchen. I am not complaining about such set up or arrangement. I find it quite warmly, in fact.

The most “amazing” part was that the entire evening was entertained by a standard professional
歌台. I use the word “professional” because those people are living off by running 歌台. *Ahem… The bill for the stage and crew worked out neatly to be $3K. I use the word “standard” not because it is necessarily of high standard, but it is the standard kind of thing we usually see everywhere during the seventh lunar month. Get it? Haha..

Everyone in Singapore would know the middle-aged lady compere
(许琼芳). She has a way of creating the atmosphere and is especially appealing to the males in their 40s and 50s (which formed a large group last night). Frankly, I am quite impressed by her eloquence and glibness.

The singers.. erm.. okay they sang familiar tunes. Not that bad actually, but they kind of made me appreciate the original singers better. Haha.. They only stand out by how they wear and what they wear. People, there were only four tables on the first row nearest to the stage and I was sitting at one of those four and I’m facing the stage. I think I was only about 5 to 10 metres away from the performers. In other words, I not only can see their facial expression (they can see mine), I can see their complexion very well (they can see mine too). Yes, that near! What am I getting at? *Ahem.. There were more female performers than male performers ; there were many more younger female performers too. And those young ladies practically dressed to kill. I'm glad I'd survived to tell.

I shall just mention one most memorable case.
(Warning : This paragraph is rated NC16.)
This particular lady is pearly fair in complexion (erm.. pearly
means having the qualities of pearl and not that of pear hor). She has long black hair and wore purely black. Perhaps the blackness of her attire further enhanced her fair complexion. The cutting of her top piece seemed a little unusual to me at first. On closer look, the top piece is only a black 肚兜! She flouted her fairness by turning around baring her entire back and showing off her curves, reflecting a silky sheen so many times. Besides, her bottom piece is a body hugging black pants, only flaring out slightly at the lower end. To top it up, she has a good figure, she moved/danced well and sang decently. How to concentrate on the feast? Erm.. Maybe I was already feasting on another kind. Naughty. Naughty. Oh, I recalled that in some cartoon scenes, the guys will be nose-bleeding under similar situation. I never hor :P

It really turned out to become just like a “standard”
歌台, with many uncles approaching the singers, requesting them to sing their favourite numbers. Luckily, the singers were professional enough to turn down songs not appropriate for the occasion. Can you imagine, we have uncles requesting the singers to sing those weird weird sad sad songs?? Heh..

There was even a drunken guest. Haiz.. I know him. It’s a sad case and he often buries his sorrow in alcohol. In such occasion when alcohol is literally free flow, such outcome is only predictable. I can’t bear to describe further. Can’t I do more to help? Haiz..

Okay, back to the main characters (bride and groom). There was some awkward hesitation when the compere asked the groom how long he has known the bride. Not that his memory is failing. In fact, they only know each other for less than 3 months, I think. It is an arranged marriage between Singapore and China. Don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against the bride’s origin. I am just a little puzzled about the idea of an arranged marriage at this century. They first met, said ok, and the preparation of the marriage began immediately.


~ ~ He Says I Do & She Says I Do ~ ~
Just how much they know each other?

Maybe knowing each other is not the key factor for a successful union?
When your better half asked why-do-you-love-me kind of question, what’s your answer?
You may not have an immediate reply, but you may like to search for one.
Anyway, it is my sincere wish that they will lead a happy married life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. i have a feeling that tml entry of yours is about hmmm breakfast =P haha.. i am not laughing at you but i enjoy your entries about meal because it sure bring out the heartwarming moments... keep on writing ~! you are getting better :D jia you~

Anonymous said...

:)
Thanks for the positive / encourageing "stroke". There is certainly still much for me to learn.
If time allows, I shall continue to write whatever.
- - - -
Come to think about it, writing forces me to think (and rethink) about certain events / issues deeper (I assume). One of the reasons could be that I am constantly at a lost of words and keep thinking (and rethinking) how to re-express. In the process, the same event would have crossed the different parts in my brain and would have processed with quite different perspectives. Haha.. What am I saying? Nvm.
Young man, All the Best! =)

Anonymous said...

hmm... have anione tell u that u are very 风趣幽默? heez~

yes.. i agree wif za| that ur entries brings out heartwarming moments.. haha.. n i enjoy reading ur blog! heez~

Anonymous said...

Just a thought:
One may not necessarily marry the person he/she loves;
One may not necessarily love the person he/she marries.

For me, what is more important in the end...
One must learn to love the person he/she marries.

-----
Joining in the lively atmosphere here...

The author can describe the details of the fair lady so well.
Pretty observant.
Hmmm...
* Are you sure your nose did not bleed?
Maybe, you didn't realise? * hehe

za| observes it too.
You have at least 5 entries on MEALS.
Nonono, I think there are many more.
A number on "Lunches" and "Dinners".
"Breakfasts" would be good. =)

Rain put it across so nicely. 风趣幽默.
I would just say: 搞笑! =)

What I find more impressive about your writing is how you are able to...
ZOOM into the little little things &
ZOOM out with the big big things... =)

Anonymous said...

Rain :
Even if people were to say that I'm 风趣幽默, I think I can be quite boring. Ha.. I'm not being humble here.
I also hope I can write more meaningful stuff also. Thanks for the motivation.

-fly- :
Thanks for the sharing too.
My nose really really didn't bleed. But can't guarantee next time won't (if the same thing happens). Haha..
Oh, erm..
I got zoom in / zoom out meh? :p

Take Care everyone..

Anonymous said...

LOL.. teacher's nose din bleed but... heez~~ muz be saliva dripping rite?? :P
hmm.. if teacher zoom in n out, wat optical lens u using huh? how many time optical zoom?? wahhahaahahah ... ok i m juz lame~~
:P