Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Chat with a Pilot

Glad to meet him (SX). He is now finally a full-pledged pilot, after 3 years of training stages (during which he only drew a monthly nominal allowances to get by). He now has a starting monthly basic pay of about $5K, excluding allowances. His monthly allowances can easily work out to be about $3K. Mm.. So of course, the lunch is on him. Throughout his trainee's days, I was always the one footing the bills lor. I certainly welcome the change of tide. :P

I remember when I was young, I did dream of becoming a pilot myself. The idea dissipated fast enough when my myopic problems surfaced as early as during my P6 days.

I've just learnt that SIA does accept people who had undergone Lasik procedure as pilots. Anyone below the age of 35 can apply. If the degree of our short-sightedness is not too high, we can also try to apply. Haha.. What am I thinking? :P


~ ~ SIA Plane ~ ~
He could be the one commanding its flying course.
I could be one of his passengers.


Okay, let's get back to "reality" :

(1) SX is getting married. Yahoo..

(2) Although SX is drawing that kind of pay as a beginner pilot, he still feels that it would be better if he could have more. Oh well.. Maybe because of point (1)? Wa.. He projected an expenditure of about $80K in hard cash for his wedding, new flats and all.

(3) Pilots are too used to moving fast, I think. One of his colleagues (also a pilot) at my age, while driving his motor bike, got himself involved in a crash recently. The crash left him with severed nerves and he lost the mobility of both his hands. Now, he needs assistance in almost everything he does. From a high-flyer to ... mm... It must be such a painful experience for himself and his family members. It hit me hard (again) on the unpredictability / impermanence nature of life.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

大家其实可以再仔细观察圣人的行教轨迹。

例如,释迦牟尼佛,其实他的教义当中有许多是来自印度教,以及当时印度的谚语和他人的体悟,再加上他自己博学广闻中,深加研究、古行、参悟,到最后觉悟而明白了天地间所有的道理。

而耶稣他当时的教义也有许多是来自犹太教的教义当中,以及当时西方的背景,再加上他求法过程所学习的一切,融会贯通以后,再传示给当时的门徒与现在的人们。

一位圣人他的经典是来自于他活生生的体悟与运用。

No comments: