Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Spin in my Car..

I was in M'sia (JB) last night. Oh that's not the focus. I could have come back home much earlier, instead I took another route (on my way back) which is at least four times longer than the usual one. Yes, I used the second link. I may have come back home much later, but actually feeling better.

I quite enjoy driving at night, especially when the traffic is so thin. Driving at M'sia high way can be more “exciting” too. We can legally and leisurely cruise at a speed between 100 km/h to 110km/h. At times, big trucks and buses passed by at comparable (high) speed. Try to imagine and calculate their momentum. I think they are "unstoppable". Just don't come (too) near me.

At the middle of the night, the only strong light source is from the head-lights of your car and a few more other cars along the road. The entire big span of land would also be lit by the dim moon light and star light during colourless nights. The plantations and ranges along the roads would appear like dark shadows or silhouette. If I remember correctly, some time ago, I would have also mentioned lightly on the awesome neat trails of reflectors along the highway.

I saw some signages along the way, leading driver towards Kuala Lumpur and Malacca. A silly idea of making a detour there (instead of returning to S'pore) crossed my mind. I mean just to drive there.. touch and go.. then return to Singapore. Ha.. I would have done it. But.. erm.. that would also mean I will have to drive the entire night. I wouldn't want to appear too tired for today's morning appointments. So, that "silly" plan was KIV-ed. Again, that only reminds me I like driving quite a bit.

Driving at such a quiet night for long distance is enjoyable in another expect. It's the solitude I enjoy, perhaps. I can have the entire long journey to think about many things. Of course we can think about things anywhere. But.. In a car, feeling a little cold, accompanied by moon, star or rain, and the occasional passing cars (just to let you know you are not that alone), a simple music at the background .. and all this happen when you are on the move with scenery constantly changing. Wa.. I think that's lovely.

Mm..
Driving in M'sia : petrol cheap, toll charges very expensive, more "exciting" experiences...
Driving in S'pore : petrol very expensive, no toll charge (but we have ERP), safer driving experiences..


~ ~ Another Kind of Highway Threat? ~ ~
Life may be such : We don't know what's coming our way.


- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

你们可能内向的人也很羡慕外向的人,外向的人也可能很羡慕内向的人,所以大家都想转到不属于自己的那一型。有没有这种情况呢?到最后转型变做怪胎。

其实转型的方向很简单,就是找出你自己所属的那一型,再淬炼、涵养出它其中的精华。

高山不需要羡慕深谷,它只要学着培养自己高而明的道行为重点;
而深谷不需要羡慕高山,它只要学着涵养自己,能够承受、接纳、谦卑的德性就可以了。
松柏也不需要羡慕花朵一时的娇艳,它只要学着让自己正直的往上成长、往下扎根就可以了;
而花朵也不需要羡松柏能耐寒,它只要在开过自己最灿烂的一面以后,学着回归泥土,再来一次,明年春天又是一朵鲜花。

每一种属于它自己的型,都有它最好的一面,只是你如何转到让它能够发挥得淋漓尽致,这才是转型。

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

landmine probably....

Anonymous said...

landmine probably....

Anonymous said...

Anon :
You are "doubly" imaginative. Theoretically speaking, it's not entirely impossible though. Let's hope not, anyway. :o)

Anonymous said...

haha... spin in your car sounds u had a pretty good time youself ;)

haha the class outing saw only 6 people attending .. a pretty sad outcome and ms seah didnt had time to come either.. but the 6 of us sure had lots of fun eating under the starlights :D

nanzi said...

-Za|- :
Wow. Looks like you really had some quality time. Cool! :)

Jun Jie said...

That picture, it happened to my parents before.

Scary wo, heang smash the buttom of the car and not the windscreen, wanna sue that truck company le..