Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Not Just Lunch

It was a long lunch break for me today. I am not complaining. In fact it was a pleasant experience. Many of my *little pals were having their lunch break too. Some decided to seat with me. When one group left, another group joined in. I was there entertaining them and was at the same time being entertained in return.

(a) One was sharing with me how he is currently juggling with his studies and relationship. There are some struggles on his part and I am only glad he is managing quite fine.

(b) One was recalling how horrible her attitude was during her first-3-month while in JC1. She is now aspiring to do very well. I can sense it.

(c) Once was lamenting how his parent stopped him from going to a trekking trip in the March holiday because he is the only son. But a lady teacher is going and he would very much like to be there getting to know her better. Haha.. He respected his mother’s decision anyway.

(d) One was sharing with me that she may want to become a teacher. She likes to teach difficult students in secondary schools. She was from a normal stream and she remembers very well how one of her teachers motivated the whole class (previously deemed to be rather hopeless) to perform exceedingly well. She says it is a matter of winning the hearts first and teaching comes later. Mm.. Like it.

(e) One was interested in which classes I am tutoring because he is on a look-out of a particular pretty lady. He went on to tell me which are the college’s beauties.

(f) One was trying to find out from me the differences between the former Science Practical Examination with the current Science Practical Assessment (SPA). She was obviously a little anxious / nervous as their class is scheduled for the SPA today. Hope they will do well.

(g) One was trying hard to know my A Level grades so that he could compare my results with his dear elder brother. He is very proud of his brother when he learnt that I can only manage a B4 while his brother scored a decent A2 for General Paper.

(h) One was so curious why I only patronized the same canteen stall over and over again as if the food is so delicious. Haha..

These are what I can recall now. There are certainly many more things we talked about.
Ha.. See! Conversation over lunch is always more interesting.
Perhaps, it was not just lunch. ;-)


~ ~ Life Lesson Over Lunch ~ ~
Yes, I have learnt over this simple lunch.


- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

该做什么、不该做什么,这些疑问或许从你襁褓起,直到童年、直到长大成人,还在困惑着这些问题。奇怪的是,人的行为标准说是请、说是理,哪一个对,都只是人的借口。

事实是,人的行为模式中只有两种:
一者是我是不是想做这件事?
另一者则是别人是不是都在做这件事?

譬如:一位与许多位异性发生错误关系时,他说:『我是真心的爱他们,爱有错误吗?』
的确,爱没有错误,但是你错误的滥用了爱。你认为情是错误的吗?其实情没有错误,只是你可以把对方看作父母,看作兄弟姐妹,亦是真情至爱。为什么你的眼中只有爱欲呢?

又譬如:在过去某一个时期,父母在孩子哭的时候,不敢抱孩子。
当时的说法是:『这样会宠溺了孩子。』为了让他独立,所以尽早训练。
然而在这种压抑与不敢接触孩子的教育中,却过渡的促成无情叛逆的情况。这样是重理吗?

其实真正的举措决定当中,情理从来不可偏废。从这些案例中可看见,众生在取决事情,自圆其说的说是合情不合理,或合理不合情。

其实他从来没离开自己想做的,和别人都这样做的模式当中,唯有君子懂得合情合理,不相违背。要做到如此,永远是修办道者最大的考验。

No comments: