Saturday, March 04, 2006

"Don’t Run!"

“Don’t run!”, he (almost) lunged out at one of his two kids.

He was my uni-mate. We stayed in the same hostel during our first year. I remember quite clearly how we would stay up late and just laughed away the hours. And that was about 14 years ago.

Today, we met in the most unplanned fashion. I was in a queue and his wife was right behind me. While he was approaching his wife, I spotted him and I stopped him.

Me : Hey WQ.
WQ : Hey NZ.. (he was scrutinizing me for a while)
哇!你长高了吗?
Me : 怎么可能?我们都几岁的人了,还能长吗?
WQ : 以前跟你讲话的时候,好像不需要抬头的 leh
Me : 哈哈。老友,是你背孩子,背到缩水了啦。
Haha.. That only shows how long we have not met each other.

Another standard conversation.
WQ :
你结婚了没有?
Me : 没有啦。没有人要啦。哈哈。
WQ : 你别开玩笑了。
Me : 怎么?你有人要介绍?

This part surprised me.
WQ :
你还在教书吧?
Me : 是啊。
WQ : 是教华文吧?
Me : 没有啦。华文不行啦。华文用来吵架还可以。好多字都不会写了。
WQ : 哇!你的华文还是讲得那么票准。
Me : Erm.. 这只能证明我平时还是那么多话。


Throughout our conversation, he was at the same time trying hard to “restraint” or “control” his kids, while his beautiful wife was still at the queue purchasing some groceries. Hence, there were quite a few
“不要跑!”、“过来这边!” 、“不可以这样!”interjected within our conversation. To me, he also added, “好累啊!”Haha..

Come to think about it, at my age, I should be running after my own kids. I think I would love it too, although it can be tiring.
Logic says I ought to get a lady first. ;)
Common sense says, better be fast, else the prime time may be over. :p
But the Heart is just quite
dead, when comes to such matter. Haha..

Oh, I find this picture rather nice. Lovely, to be exact. Why? See, the kids are running towards the father and not the other way round. Haha.. I am not too sure about that, when they eventually grow older.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

世上的人都犯了一个通病。
人家对你越好,你就越害怕。
就像东西越便宜,你却越怀疑这东西是不是有瑕疵。
对你说西瓜甜,你还说老王卖瓜,自卖自夸。

你不入佛门,怎会知道佛门奥妙的玄理究竟在哪里。
你不信,就会失去眼前的一切。
懂得珍惜的人,才能过最踏实的生活。

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From NZ blog, "Come to think about it, at my age, I should be running after my own kids."

Eh you are running at your own kids ma, let me give u a typical example...

Joshua stand! Samuel Stand! Where is your tutorials? You all very pro sia owe my so many homwk! Got guts sia hhahaha =P

SIM PN IT IS TIME TO OUTSOURCE FOR A TRUE LADY!

may it come knocking your way soon so that you can chase after your own kids to feed them ;)

nanzi said...

-Za|- :
Noooo.... I want my *freedom! :P
Ha. Frankly, my heart is quite dead when it comes to matter of such.
Nevertheless, let's see, let's see...
Erm.. sorry hor. you all no longer qualify to be in the "kid" category. :p

Anonymous said...

haha... 老师向往家庭生活了吗?actually hor.. was tinking .. if u want to really "run after" kids.. can try to adopt one.. but hor.. muz b responsible enough lo.. taking care of kids.. is haha.. 比较麻烦的。。ever worse than your car..(ok la~ its my own personal opinion la~) but hor .. haha.. mayb can have another experience ba.. keke..

but hor.. your tis entry.. is very very 温馨。。。
:P

Anonymous said...

Me : 没有啦。华文不行啦。华文用来吵架还可以。好多字都不会写了。
I am amazed by this... LOL. Chao Jia? you really can huh?



Me : 没有啦。华文不行啦。华文用来吵架还可以。好多字都不会写了。
WQ : 哇!你的华文还是讲得那么票准。
Me : Erm.. 这只能证明我平时还是那么多话。
I thought this only conclude that u quarrel a lot?

=P

Anonymous said...

Summer Snow :
Ha.. u know me well enough.
Of course, I am not that quarrelsome.
I was just trying to make that conversation slightly more comical.
Anyway, he did laugh. :P

Anonymous said...

Rain :
That troublesome to look after kids meh? Haha.. I dont' mind. :)