Friday, March 10, 2006

"Let Me Cheer You Up!"

Y and Je were talking. Je appeared a little tired and she seemed to be emotionally affected by something. They were having kind of girls’ talk and so I didn’t go near them. What amazed me was what Y said / done to Je.

Y : Hey, let me cheer you up!
Without any delay, Y used both of her hands to hold Je’s upper arms to position her in a more upright position. Once done, Y let go of her hands from Je’s upper arms.. and… what’s next?

Y started waving her hands slowly in front of Je and her body swaying slightly. The body motion was pretty in sync with the waving of her hands. This was not enough. She sang a tune (softly) at the same time.

Haha.. Of course, Je began to smile. I actually felt like laughing lah, but I was controlling hard not to. I decided to just walk past them. Only then, they noticed I was nearby. I gave them a blur, puzzled look, scratching my head at the same time, pretending I didn’t understand why Y was singing and swaying. Both girls ended up laughing hard(er).


Just the two of them.
Quite different in spirit, yet coexisting pleasantly.
I would think Je is rather fortunate to have Y as a friend.
What would we do when our friends are not feeling right?


- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:
任何环境你都能安定,你的工夫才是实在的。
任何情况你都能自在,你的内涵才是扎实的

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The things that boys and girls do for their friends are different.
Maybe, in your case:
The things that men and women do for their friends are different.
In another perspective:
The things that adults and children do for their friends are different.

Every person has such a "someone" (probably a few "someones").
At least, I hope it to be.
I believe in Angels' Blessings;
And that there are angels (whether in disguise or not)
To shine the little light in darkness.
Just that many times,
it depends on how long we take to see the light.

Anonymous said...

Well said. Haha..
Bless You. :o)