Monday, March 27, 2006

Not Because I Don't Care Anymore..

The results for the recent block test was made known to the *little pals this morning. Except one who did exceptionally well (95% leh), the rest certainly has room for improvement. It is already Term 2! Mm.. Yet, I thinking I was still all smiles when I returned the scripts to them.

Have I changed? I mean I no longer feel very angry when students have done badly. Not because I don’t care anymore. I think I am seeing the whole issue from some other perspectives.

(1) I know they want to do well also. Who don't want to?!
(2) They are not doing well because of some reasons. There is a cause to everything.
(3) They lack motivation. Will it help if I were to just scream at them? Not likely, I think.
(4) They are clearly not coping. Yes, some of these students are not even coping with 3 A Level subjects. They need more help rather than me just “pounding” on them.
(5) They are doing and doing, but simply not getting it. If we were to listen carefully, they are already “crying” within. They could approach me, telling me, "Sir, if I have done more than 100 questions, is that considered enough?" or "I have done the tutorials all over again. I have also revised all the revision exercises. Why I still fail?"
(6) , (7) , (8) , ...

Mm..
Of course, they are a few genuine “slackers”. But what is stopping them from being serious? Don't they see the need to.. erm.. get serious with their studies. True, there are many school drop-outs doing fantastically well. I asked (rhetorically, of course), "How many?"

I think I can only ask myself, "How can I (really) assist them?"


~ Seedling ~
At this stage, perhaps most importantly they need all the help and support that we could provide.

- - - - - - - - - -



小故事、大启示


http://www.keyweb.com.tw/11/01/

让我不禁泪流。不知你作何想?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

= ) take it easy.

We will try our best!

一个老师的心声,
我知。
幼苗会渐渐卓越成长。
因为你是一位细心的农夫。

; )

Anonymous said...

-Za|- :
哈哈。。
再细心的农夫也担心
- 天不作美,
- 施肥不当。
- - - - - - - - - -
看尔等信心满满,
我也就赴汤蹈火咯。:)