Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"Fondling" Decision..

Everything was prepared (dug out the expired warranty card, called up to confirm address of HF, print locality map of HF to assist navigation, beginning to look around for a replacement in the worst scenario, etc.) and I was about to set off to HF. At the eleventh hour, the plan was aborted. What am I talking about?

Just yesterday, I realized my camera is not functioning, or rather not functioning the way I want it to be. Haiz.. Of course I don’t feel particularly good. The camera is only nearly 2 year-old but it is no longer in the warranty period, and we know at times getting a new set may be preferred over servicing it (especially when the servicing charge is too high).

What exactly went wrong with my camera? The LCD panel isn’t working in shooting mode. I mean I can use it to view pictures (in the playback mode) taken and were stored in the memory card, but when I switched it to shooting mood, it went pitch dark. All this while, I must be so dependable on the LCD panel, I guess. I think I don’t know how to take picture using the standard view-finder anymore. Mm..

Alright, I got to at least get a quotation for the servicing. And then, the ultimate decision shall be made (as in whether to go ahead with the servicing or to get a new set). A little heavy hearted I was, I picked up the phone to check whether the service centre is still there. It is! I also printed out the locality map to help me at getting there, knowing exactly the low level of my road-smartness.

I was mentally working out the journey time and I was about to set off.

I know I may have to part with my camera for some time (or even permanently). Getting a little sentimental, I thought of “fondling” it for the last time. I am glad I made that “fondling” decision. A button I pressed brought back the camera LCD panel back to life in both playback and shooting modes.

Silly me, the “DISP” button is supposed to toggle between Standard (no information), Detailed (information view) and Off in the shooting mode. How careless I am?!


~ ~ DISP Button ~ ~
While I celebrate the outcome that saves me some money and time, I must also remember that my carelessness has nearly caused me to dash down to HarbourFront for nothing. Aiyah, I would have detoured to Mount Faber Park instead, if I were to be there. Haha..


- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

世界中有世界,天地间有蓝天白云、有绿草原野、有崇山峻岭、有深渊河谷。
当你更深的去领悟宇宙的排序,你会发现银河系中有星群,星群中有星体,一层包一层。
万物的平等,并非建立在它都是一模一样的,而是建立在它们都是同样重要的。

No comments: