Friday, March 03, 2006

First Experience with N-E Line

Sure, our North East Line has been around for ages. But, I tried it only quite recently. And that was solely because I was in search for cash, literally.

I was at Bendemeer area. This particular shop at Bendemeer doesn't have NETS service (so don't need to mention about VISA) and I was expected to "cough-out" more than $100 for what I need. I asked if there is any ATM around. It was after a little hesitation, I was told there are two. No luck man. One under renovation, the other I am not related to it.

I noted Boon Keng Station is just nearby. I took the train to Kovan and back. I think the (first) experience with the NE Line was not much difference with the MRT. Mm.. okay, I only noted that the interior colour-combination of the NE Line trains is slightly more funky.


Needn't know being related to one bank can be a little "restrictive" at times. Nay, I think it is just Bendemeer being a little ulu! :P
Anyway, the litte "restrictive-ness" gave me an opportunity to experience the NE Line. Not too bad actually. I've learnt that it only takes 8 minutes to travel from Bendemeer to Kovan by the NE Line. This timing is not likely to be achieved, if travelled by car. So maybe driving need not be the best options all the time.

There were times, I thought of giving up my car altogether. I can't deny the convenience it has brought me and also to my family and friends. It is also because of the car, I get to know him better, I get to know her better, and so on. But, the expenses for maintaining a car are just too daunting.
I have to settle the monthly instalment, petrol charges, insurance coverage, regular servicing, road tax, regular car-body maintanence (wash, polish, vacuum, etc.), car-parking fees, driving-related fines, and whatnots. Yes, the thought of how much I can actually save up if I did not buy the car, can be so over-powering at times.

Maybe the simple reason of being able to give convenience to me and friends around, out-weights the other concerns. I can't deny, it is because of the car, I get to know him better, I get to know her better ...

- - - - - - - - -




有一位作者这么说:

放弃是一种智慧,缺陷是一种恩惠


当你拥有六个苹果的时候,千万不要把它们都吃掉,
因为你把六个苹果全都吃掉,你也只吃到了六个苹果,
只吃到了一种味道,那就是苹果的味道。

如果你把六个苹果中的五个拿出来给別人吃,尽管表面上你丢了五个苹果,
但实际上你却得到了其他五个人的友情和好感。
以后你还能得到更多,当別人有了別的水果的时候,也一定会和你分享,
你会从这个人手里得到一个橘子,那个人手里得到一个梨,最后你可能就
得到了六种不同的水果,六种不同的味道,六种不同的颜色,六个人的友谊。

人一定要学会用你拥有的东西去换取对你来说更加重要和丰富的东西。
所以说,放弃是一种智慧。

做人最大的乐趣在于通过奋斗去获得我们想要的东西,
有缺点意味着我们可以进一步完美,有匮乏之处意味着我们可以进一步努力。

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. the station shd b Boon Keng instead of Keng Boon rite? haha..

你的每日一悟让我想起了一首歌。好像是伍思凯唱的。没记错的话,歌名应该是《分享》。

“与你分享的快乐,胜过独自拥有,至今我仍深深感动。 好友如同一扇门让世界开阔。”

Anonymous said...

From nanzi blog, "i get to know her better" win liao lor... :P my bicycle can only sit one ZR HAHA.

Anonymous said...

一开始就没有,并不怎么样。
但,有了后才没有,却是难以习惯。
我本身觉得:
你的车子对你来说,
不单是一个交通工具,
而也是一个载满回忆的箱子。
而回忆,是值得保留的。是吧?=)
--------------------------------
放弃,是一种智慧。
确实如此。=)
但,最终,
决定仍然在于想放弃的是什么,
不是吗?

nanzi said...

小雨:
Thanks for pointing out the error. Indeed, it is Boon Keng. That only shows how much I know about MRT or LRT. Haha..
Oh, I like 《分享》.

-Za|- :
Erm.. get a bike that allows *her to sit with. Hehe..

nanzi said...

-fly-:
哈哈。我的适应能力蛮强的。
我敢说,我一下子就可以习惯过来的。
再说,我相当怀念乘搭公共交通工具的那一段时光。
在旅途中,我喜欢东张西望的,观察人生百态。
如果有朋友同行,总免不了闲话家常一番。
- - -
车子对我而言,始终还是个工具而已。
没有错,因为它,我有好多奇特回忆。
我深知,没有它,也会有另一番回忆。
哈哈。如今保不保留它不是我的重点。
已经酿造的奇特回忆,我还是会保留。
- - -
身外之物,我不太依恋。
如果说我还有所执着,那应该是我相当在乎每一段友谊、情感。
- - -
我多言了。不好意思。哈哈。。
谢谢诸位分享。