Thursday, September 29, 2005

Cousin's Wedding

I had just attended a wedding dinner of my 39-year-old male cousin. His bride is about 2 years elder than him. They are just as lovely as another couple can be.
Being so closely related to him (by issue of blood-line), it wasn't surprising that the event turned out to be a major relative-gathering at the same time. Some of these relatives I have not met for so long that I don't even remember how to formally address them. Cannot everyone also call aunty / uncle right? Heh..

I made some amusing observations :
(1) Some relatives refused to be seated with certain relatives on the same table. They demanded requested for a change of seating plan on the spot.
(2) Relatives changing seat automatically without the concept of one-to-one exchange. Hence, creating a little chaos in the beginning. And they "blamed" the system of pre-arranged seating plan to be flawed. Heh..
(3) Many did not really confirmed their attendance. Some even turned up with their maids and babies. I have nothing against maids and babies. In fact, I have a maid seated just beside me and she was attending to a baby throughout. I am just pointing out the unpredictability of the attendance. Spare tables were "activated". Oh, I enjoyed playing with the baby also. Haha..
(4) Those hardly drink (in normal days) also asked for wine during this occasion. I see plenty red faces. I remembered once, some years back, one of my uncles created a scene after gotten rather drunk at another cousin's wedding. I didn't see him being invited this time round.
(5) My newly-wedded cousin looked blissful. At the same time, elements of tiredness and stressfulness were apparent.
(6) Parents of the bride and groom hardly communicate. Mm..

Anyway, everything went through smoothly and I really felt thankful that they actually made a special effort to accommodate my dietary habit. :)

So.. when is my turn?
This is the kind of question many asked me before / during / after the wedding.
Actually this is the question I would like to ask myself also. Do I have an answer? Haha..

No comments: