Friday, September 16, 2005

Famous Tao Sa Piah

Just take a look :



The banner says it so!
And truly, around this time, the queue at the stall is almost never ending.

I thought of going earlier (say 3pm) to beat the after-office-hour crowd. I expect more people to rush down there after work to make the almost last minute purchase.
Guess what? I lost to the aunties/housewives lah..
When I reached at around 3:30pm, the queue was already there.

I waited and waited and finally I was number 2 in the queue. Erps.. no more stock and there was a pause in sales while the baking was still on-going. I was quite sure, when the next tray came in, I would be able to take my share. No leh.. I was wrong. Not too long after, indeed a new tray came in. The person just in front of me asked for 50 and that practically swapped up everything in that tray and I have to continue to wait for the next new tray to come in. Argg.. But when my turns came, I also asked for 50. :P
(not as retaliation hor.. I was getting for family and friends.. )
Anyway, I was sure I had heard the aunties at my back were making some comments. Somewhat like "
哎哟,没有我们的份咯".

People are so willing to queue for the freshly baked (not just famous ok) Tao Sa Piah. I observed that once a big tray of Tao Sa Piahs was dished out of the oven, its content will be swapped up / packed / sold in less than 2 minutes. Impressive! Wa.. I’m trying to imagine the profit rolling into their pockets.

Before I left the store at around 4:30pm, I noticed the queue was as long (if not longer) than when I first joined the queue. Mm..


Queuing can be boring. Only the thought that I was getting something for family and friends made the experience more bearable or even worthwhile. Haha..

No comments: