Thursday, September 15, 2005

Writing About Writing

I think about many things and try to read as much.
To put them in words.. *ahem.. that’s just not so easy for me.

However, ever since I try to write something to keep this blog slightly more alive, I begin to notice...
(1) I become slightly more observant of the things happening around me. (Maybe I am trying to pick up a reasonable topic to write about.)
(2) I begin to try to define my thoughts and feelings more precisely. (Maybe I am trying to express them in words later in the actual post.)
(3) When an event crops up, I am actually mentally figuring out how I would want to write/express it, that is, as if I am really going to post an entry about it later. (Maybe this is where if I were to have a PDA, it would be rather nice. Haha.. )

My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
~ ~ Ernest Hemingway

I quite like what Ernest Hemingway said. However, I think this can only be achieved by a rather accomplished writer. I am just far from it.

Heh.. frankly, I am even bored by my own writing.
Nevertheless, I shall still try to write some lines (if time allows). That is the only way to improve, I think.
Of course, if there are any 高手 who are kind enough to give me a tip or two, you are certainly welcomed. :)

- - -

Anyway, I was a little surprised to learn how an almost seasoned blogger/writer managed to find his way here and actually left a trace (comment) on one of my earlier post (http://nanzidao.blogspot.com/2005/07/car-park-fee-rethink.html) today. Haha

No comments: