Saturday, September 24, 2005

Friday Night - Going Down Town – Going Green.

Friday night (yesterday) was spent at down town area. It was pleasant. :)
It was a class gathering of some of my ex-*little pals. In a way, I was glad I was invited along. There were around 10 of us. I chose to “go green” and went there by MRT, instead of driving there.

Some fine reasons for “going green” :

(a) With the ever increasing hike in petrol prices in mind, “going green” is cheaper. :P
(b) Traffic condition at down town area at Friday night can be quite congested.
(c) Unless I drive a (mini) bus, the mobility of around 10 of us together can be a little restrictive. Heh..

(d) Most of the time during the gathering, we will be chilling out and not using the car, yet I will be charged for the parking.
(e) I can go there/anywhere with everyone after meeting them at a common place, and come back together on the train with as many of them. Communication can be maintained throughout.
(f) We are more or less restricted to the idea of needing to catch the last train and/or last bus. By I think that is fine. Haha.. so we can all be back at “safe” hours.

- - - - -

I do enjoy driving a lot. It saves time (but waste a bit $$$ la.. haha.. ).
Car – An amazing invention
indeed.
Driving with passenger(s) around can be an extra joy. The conversation can be more focused, more personal (since there usually aren’t too many people together in a car). However, the occasional taking of public transport can be rather refreshing for me.

- - - - -

Talk a little bit about the night.

(1) Simple meal together. I didn’t eat though, since they were at AJISEN. I don’t think I made them uncomfortable. Hehe.. they promised they will go somewhere with vegetarian food, next time.
(2) Some characters :
G is such a joker. Ha.. he is always that cheerful and that made the night much livelier.
WB is ever still so gentle and he is so determined to use every bit of his time, to make his days more enriching.
EM is attached to ambulances and has seen the harshness of accidents more than anyone of us.
WK is still rather soft spoken. He said he cannot go back too late since his younger brother is alone at home. That’s brotherly man. Haha..
YLian and S are so into Da Chang Jin. These ladies even suggest I get a certain set of VCDs for them. I learnt it’s of the idol-romance theme. Haha..
+ + +
(3) The guys were talking more of their army dayzzz.. and the ladies about their studies. Ha.. I gave updates of where they had left. Haha..
(4) The thought of catching a mid-night show also crossed some of our minds. Erps.. something cropped up and the idea was temporarily shelved.
(5) The nicest thing is : I feel that they have indeed grown to become more mature and fine individual. Lovely.

No comments: