Monday, September 19, 2005

Love In Need. Love In Deed

I mean love in the broadest sense,
not just those between a pair of lovers hor. :)
I seriously think this world could be more beautiful if we have more of it.

Just observe around us, how many self-centred/selfish/wrong/disgusting/insensitive behaviours can we identify?
Plenty, I'm afraid.
I'm not angel. In the worst of mood, I may even feel like "trashing" these people exhibiting such behaviours. Feel only lah.. No action de. I can't possibly execute it. Haha.. I am of such a small built and I just got to "take care" of myself mah. :P

Oh I must also self-reflect that when I singled them out, I may be viewed as rather unforgiving/judgemental by another person observing me. Heh.. I don't care so much also lah.
However, the fact remains that while we may observe/judge (all we can) but at the same time, we are being observed/judged.

I think many of these people need help of some kind.
Their actions are certainly not right / wrong / inappropriate / selfish / insensitive or even disgusting. It needs another person with love to assist them, telling them, guiding them. I am afraid scolding them doesn't help at all (albeit I do feel like "trashing" them sometimes). Most probably, they are in their world too long, got too used to it and cannot possibly tell the wrongs from the rights.

Sometimes, I wonder why bother to care about them, as the evil side of me says, "Let them rot!" mm...
I think my answer is simple enough. I have tasted enough the sweetness of forgiveness, of being guided patiently to see that I'm in the wrong and yet I could possibly correct myself.
Hence, I would rather play by the safe side that there's still hope.

I'm trying to learn to genuinely love.
I admit it is difficult to start with such a difficult target like someone we don't know. I try to start with people around me and (at least) pray for people still at a distance from me. Heh.. easy to say only lah.. I know I'm still so normal, so plain, so distant from my target also..

Nevertheless, I shall try. :)

I would be just as grateful if anyone were to care enough to correct me. Please don't see me in the wrong, keep silence about it, and let me fall. :)

People, let's try. :)

No comments: