Saturday, September 24, 2005

Konica Minolta (Digital Photo Express)

The printing of digital images at Konica Minolta (Digital Photo Express) seems pretty 'high tech'.

- Bring our image storage medium.
- Self-access any of the fully automated touch-screen machines at the side.
- Insert into the machine our image storage medium appropriately. We will be guided by the machines in the selection of our options : size, glossary/matt, crop/fit, number of print, my name and contact number, etc. When confused or over-whelmed by the "IT-ness", we can always request for "human-assistance".
- We will get a print out of our confirmation slips thereafter.
- Pay a deposit or the full amount to the cashier nearby.
- Our images will be already stored in their system. We can get back our image storage medium immediately.
- The print-outs will be ready to be collected in about an hour's time.
(Charged at $0.25 per piece for 4R-print. No processing fees, if the number of print is more than 4.)

But I don't quite like the effect of the print-outs. :(
I am not saying the quality is that bad la.. but when compared.. aiyo.. a bit lacklustre leh..

Haha.. maybe JJ has shown me plenty quality Fuji colour print-outs and Fuji colour somewhat seems more appealing to me. And of course, my monitor and the KM printer are clearly not in sync. or rather my monitor is not calibrated at all. Furthermore, I think the printer does not provide manual colour-alternation (colour-alternation by the printer can be quite a saver since my monitor is not calibrated). To my understanding, they may do only slight brightness/contrast adjustment.

Aiyo.. too bad, JJ not too free to assist this time round. If not the photos (to be given away as a gift) will look much nicer in Fuji colour printed on quality Fuji paper. Next time ba..
At least this little experience reinforces the teaching :

一分钱、一分货。
Haha..

No comments: