Tuesday, September 13, 2005

RT Gathering..

RT = Remedial Training.
This is quite an army standard abbreviation.
As a reservist, if we fail IPPT (even after nth attempt), we have to enrole ourselves in this RT programme.

Okay, I'm in for this programme (by default). Put it in a more straight forward fashion, I'm just super lousy in my physical fitness. Heh..

I was thinking to myself, some years back. What would it be like if the PTIs involved were to be my ex *little pal(s)? Today this becomes a "half-reality". Haha.. one of the PTIs was from where I work. He wasn't tutored by me but we know of each other existence. Aiyo.. a little bit paiseh man.
He was rather surprised that I recognised him and actually called him by his name. He remember only 'consulted' me once. Haha.. my memory not too bad right? :P

I remember him being a very shy young man and not doing very well academically. He was that kind of super guai student who will do everything in his best capacity, yet his grades were.. erm... really bad. At one point, almost all his teachers (together with those in powers) were discussing /debating whether to promote him or to superannuate him. That's why I remember him, although our contact was really very brief.

Today, I saw a different him.
"Gentlemen, I am SGT Oh P. C. I will be your instructor for the next one or two months. I am here to help you pass...."

"Gentlemen, I know you are very tired. You must know I am also doing with you. If you do 50 , I am doing 100...."
He was talking steadily, while addressing to hundreds of us.
He was beaming with confidence. Lovely.
Sincerely hope he will do well in future.


Towards the end of the training... that was where a little "fun" began.
I saw one ex *little pal (JRM) with some of his friends there. He is a soldier there. Just glad to meet him and naturally I walked towards him and playfully poke his side tummy. He jumped. Haha.. he saw me and was obviously as glad. He stood there, turned around to face me and gave me a playful salute, smiling wildly all at the same time. He saw the tag I was wearing and said,
"Huh, you in RT ah?" So loudly somemore. OMG. It drew more attention towards me. Many more soldiers were then looking over.

I walked away lah.. got more training mah..
Then I heard a different voice calling me. I turned back to search for the source. Wa.. I was greeted by another ex *little pal (K.S.). He was waving at me. He was forming up in a parade square wearing civilian clothing waiting to book out. He saw the colourful tag I was wearing and blurted out, "Huh, you in RT ah?" Plus, he literally smack his forehead and was smiling (or was it laughing?). I waved back, smacking my forehead also lah. Many of those young soldiers forming up together with him was also looking over and smiling too. Aiyoweiah.. a bit malu.

Anyway, I find it rather funny also.

Also to mention, I bummed into a friend, JQ. He was already in RT phase 2.
Towards the end, while I was in the changing room, I noticed another fellow colleague was there. He was also in phase 2.

Indeed quite a gathering. Right? Haha..


- - - -

我觉得我自己好差劲哦。
才几个小时的锻炼,我就 ...
头有微疼
手也渐弱
腰有稍酸
脚也无劲
其实...
胸口也有一阵的痛

No comments: