Friday, September 09, 2005

September Holiday..

Time flies. The September Holiday is coming to an end pretty soon.

Throughout the week, I 'soaked' myself in the college for *little pals' consultation, one after another, from morn till dusk. Heh.. no joke, skipped lunch a few times also. Ha.. no worries, always managed to replenish well during dinner (at times, with a (some) good pal(s)). :)

I was repeating more or less the same thing over and over again to different *little pals during these consultations. Mm.. tired yes, but not boring at all. While what I said can be predictable (as the answers to the questions have to be consistent), how the different *little pals had reacted were rather refreshing. Heh..

I also learnt I am the subject of various blogs maintained by these current *little pals. Haha.. finds it rather funny and a little heart-warming. A little consolation is that I think they must have gotten used to me pretty well to have "me" occupying a little private space in their blogs.
{ *shy to link you all there :P }

It's always good to inject light humour in these sessions. I am not particularly good at it, but I still will try. Ha.. these *little pals will play along naturally and these sessions can be more interesting while learning.

Some random funny moments, I can recall now :
- "No wonder you are not married, you don't find time for dating also. Don't worry, I can be your date." (erm... I got to siam.. act blur.. knowing it's a joke, of course)
- A *little pal has a big round badge attached to his pencil case with the word "I admire gays.." I was a little stunned when another *little pal drew my attention to it. I read it more carefully. The exact wordings are "I admire gays as they left more women for me." Hahaha.. I have nothing against gays or lesbians. They are still as respectable an individual as can be, with a slightly different orientation.
- Are you married? .. Oh may I introduce my secondary school teacher to you? (erm... that's their way of distracting me.. heh.. )
- Many instances of *little pals trying to "show off" what they have done or accomplished but only to find they have done it quite wrongly. Their expression were so confused and funny. They were expecting some praises, but erm.. haha.. still praised them for their effort lah. :P

I did not accomplish much of what I first set out to do in this holiday. The task-list planned prior to the holiday was rather long. The planned tasks were gradually replaced by consultation and consultation. Ha.. so all my time was spent for these *little pals. Mm.. hope they will be doing well, eventually.

I hope I can do more and better..
(not just to these *little pals, but to all people around me... )
(not only assisting others in academic areas, but in general well-being of an individual... )
Inevitably, there are a few who still slipped out of "the net".
Ha.. count that as my limitations.

悲观面:有人就有是非
乐观面:有人就有温馨

唯独人类可以给人类带来希望。
天欲救人、人当先自救。

No comments: